FLY DRIVE Lapland explorer
This Fly Drive package ‘Lapland Explorer’ covers the Northern parts of Sweden, Norway and Finland. In 12 days you will explore and drive through some of the world’s most unique landscapes. Experience culture, nature, traditions and taste local food under the midnight sun.
Since prehistoric times the Sámi people of Arctic Europe have lived and worked in this area. They have followed their reindeer to different seasonal grazing areas for thousands of years. During this holiday you will visit traditional Sámi places like Jokkmokk and Arvidsjaur but will also drive into the UNESCO world heritage area ‘Laponia’ with dramatic mountain formations.
The route covers many national parks which open ups great opportunities for short hikes, canoeing, fishing and berries picking. Of course, to understand more the dynamic life and faces of Lapland, you will have chances to explore some major cities and word famous sites as the ICEHOTEL and the official home town of Santa Claus in Rovaniemi as well. Discover the explorer in yourself during this unique 12 days ‘Lapland Explorer’ Fly Drive Package.
Highlights Lapland explorer
- Experience and learn more about the indigenous Sámi culture
- Taste local food: Smoked whitefish, cloud berries, Swedish fika, reindeer and moose
- Amazed by seasonal surprise: Never-set midnight sun in summer; aurora borealis in autumn
- Discover the Arctic Circle of three countries in 12 days
- Visit the world-renowned: Santa Claus Village and Three-Country Cairn
- Explore UNESCO World Heritage sites: Gammelstad, Laponia and Struve Geodetic Arc
- Refresh and recharge by the stunning nature: Abisko, Laponia, Kilpisjärvi and Lyngen Fjord
- Indulge with the Scandinavia design: ICEHOTEL, Treehotel
- Experience the lifestyle of Northern Scandinavia cities: Luleå, Kiruna, Rovaniemi, Narvik