Self drive holiday: Lofoten, Senja and North Sweden
This Self Drive holiday features the dramatic scenery of the Lofoten, Vesteralan and Senja Islands in Norway and the Northern most part of Sweden `Swedish Lapland´. In less then 2 weeks you will experience both Sámi and Viking culture, get familiarised with the Swedish Alpines region, national parks, and breathtaking Norwegian fjords. The route guides you along the ancient Silver Road from Sweden to Norway crossing the Vestfjord by ferry to the Lofoten and Senja Islands. You will drive through the fjords, fishing villages and Viking heritages in Lofoten. If you want, you can even join a Viking feast!
The package also includes the hidden gem Senja Island, the second largest island of Norway. Senja isn’t really on the tourist trail in Norway; you won’t run into any cruise ships or many coach tour groups. This is still a part of Norway that feels a bit undiscovered by mass tourism. Along the Senja National Tourist Route, you’ll find a lot of stunning viewpoints and picnic spots to wild beaches and picturesque fishing villages.
After Senja the route leads back to Sweden, passing the national border in the mountains and ending the day in Abisko. A small village north of the Arctic Circle and near the Abisko National Park. Surrounded by mountains, it shelters lemmings and reindeer, plus the Lapp orchid.
In 13 days you will explore the most memorable scenery and landscapes of Lofoten, Senja and Swedish Lapland. By the end of the journey, you will be rejuvenated by your wilderness involvement like berries picking, short hikes, fishing, kayaking and picnics in either the never-set Midnight Sun or golden Autumn forest. We are ready to welcome you, are you ready?
- Circle around Swedish Lapland and across the mountains to Norway in 13 days
- The Lofoten, Senja and Vesteralan Islands
- Abisko National Park
- ICEHOTEL 365
- Discover secrets of nature in Swedish Lapland in Arjeplog, Abisko, Storforsen
- Drive through the ancient route Silver Road from Skellefteå to Bodø
- Vigour along the stunning fjords from the west to the east of Lofoten
- Amused by the precipitous sculptural rocks and peaceful sheltered coves in Senja
- Experience indigenous Viking history in Lofoten and Sámi culture in Jokkmokk
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage site in Gammelstad, Luleå