Self Drive holiday Lapland explorer
This Self Drive package ‘Lapland Explorer’ covers the Northern parts of Sweden, Norway and Finland. In 15 days you will explore and drive through some of the world’s most unique landscapes. Experience culture, nature, traditions and taste from local deliciousness.
The route starts in Luleå, the biggest city in Swedish Lapland. After a good night sleep you had North along the Torne river, literally the Sweden-Finland border. In the picturesque fishing village Kukkola you will have the time to taste the classic grilled with fish and enjoy the traditional scenery before continuing to Finish Lapland. The route proceeds into open fells from Luosto to Levi until the highest Finnish fell landscape in Kilpisjärvi. The border city of the three Nordic countries.
Sweden, Norway and Finland
In Norway the postcard-perfect Lyngen Fjord is waiting for you, driving along the coastline you will be amazed by the beauty of nature. Spending a night in Tromsø, allows you to discover the bustling city. It’s Arctic history and rich culture before proceeding to the second biggest Norwegian island and hidden gem, Senja.
After Senja the route leads back to Sweden, passing the national border where you will stay 2 nights in the small mountain village of Abisko. You will learn more about the Sàmi culture and traditions, visit the world famous Icehotel and Treehotel before returning to Luleå. After this 15-day journey, you will find your driving holiday not only precious also adventurous!
Discover the explorer in yourself during this unique ‘Lapland Explorer’ Self Drive holiday.
Highlights Lapland Explorer
- Experience the contrast of Lapland within the Arctic Circle in three Nordic countries
- Explore national parks as Abisko in Sweden and Pyhä-Luosto in Finland
- Discover the lifestyle of the biggest Nordic-Arctic cities in Luleå, Rovaniemi and Tromsø
- Venture the photoshopped-like nature in Luosto, Abisko, Senja and Lyngen Fjord
- Cross borders of three countries in 30 seconds at Three-Country Cairn in Kilpisjärvi
- Learn more about the indigenous Sámi culture in Jokkmokk and Jukkasjärvi
- Taste local food: smoked whitefish, cloud berries, Swedish fika, reindeer and moose
- Pamper yourself with the never-set midnight sun in summer or Northern lights in autumn
- Visit the world-renowned Santa Claus Village and Meet Polar Bears in Ranua Wildlife Park
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage site Gammelstad Old Church Town
- Indulge with Scandinavia design: Icehotel and Treehotel